10 Biggest Career/Resume Killers
1. Letting a friend or relative do your resume.
2. Job hopping and never staying with any employer for more than 3 years.
3. Becoming over specialized so that your skills are not transferable.
4. An ambiguous and confusing resume where the reader can’t understand what it is you actually do.
5. Having a career that is all over the map, a jack of all trades and master of none.
6. A resume that reads like a job description and not a marketing piece.
7. Not including a cover letter, or repeating the same info on the cover letter that’s on the resume.
8. Weak interview skills.
9. A lackluster, non aggressive job search.
10. Selecting a resume writer based on price not expertise.